Skip to main content

What the HEART wants!

7-year-old Uzbekistan boy cured of heart ailment at Delhi-based hospital
Image Source: Google

The heart is such an interesting organ and part of our lives. In fact, when we are down emotionally, we say our hearts hurt. When we lose or break up with a loved one, we say the heart is broken. 

This heart is such a rugged 'ride or die' - some sort of bestie that we never knew. You meet someone and it skips, beats, somersaults, LOL😂! 

Does yours do some fireworks stunt? Errm, nooo, that is not my type of heart! We know the other buddy of the body that does that😛. Oh, you don’t? I will leave you to figure that out - yourself. 

Now, stop smiling and imagining things. Just look at you. 

Let’s go back to the heart of this talk. 

 

So, I was saying, you meet someone, you talk, love, and then break up. Then you cry, wail, can’t sleep, you think you will never heal and oh, you make your friends miserable - you need to thank those friends! 

Somehow, the heart without telling you finds a way to heal itself, and you the emotional coconut head, meet other people down the line, maybe, if you are unlucky again, same story (scratch that, you are such a lucky charm).

 

Let me help cut that long story short. Look back at those friendships or relationships you thought your heart may never heal from. Now, just look at how you are glowing and beaming with smiles - you are probably with someone who loves you genuinely too, or with yet another story that may touch your heart, or you are just cruising in this amaze-balls single life of yours - cheers to that too! 

The point is, the heart always finds a way to heal. You are the one, who should learn, accept and adapt to your reality. You are the one, who should learn never to define your continuous source of joy and happiness to a person, thing, job, title, or anything at that.  

 

Now, you are thinking, how can this small girl be so sure of this? 

Be there, me, I am smiling, the type of smile that someone who knows more and wants you to know that they do - those rich aunties vibe smile. Yes, you got it - you just did it too. 

My (bestie) heart, reminded me of these things during one of our conversations (yes, we talk) - come, haven’t you heard of heart talk? I don’t care what your definition is - me and my bestie talk. Period. 

 

Wait, why do you like interrupting me with your thoughts? My heart doesn’t like that, you know. 

Talk to your heart too. It will remind you of all those previous “heart breaks” and how you came out of them. You will be fine and I thought to remind you this, too😉. 

 

Note: 

We may never totally heal from the loss of a loved one. But the heart really wants you to heal from that pain and perhaps keep the beautiful memories of the ones you lost alive. The memories that will forever make your heart warm and flutter - they would want that for you too! 

 

We may never be able to heal from some deep pains, abuses, and betrayals. Hmmm, as hard as it might seem, the only and best way to move forward is to stop and heal. 

To everyone hurting or still struggling with some hurts or memories that have become nightmares, my heart prays for yours to find peace, love, and warmth. 

 

Love always, 

TA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My G.Ma - Felicia

I never knew I would miss her this much. People never understood why I love Christmas. I didn’t quite get it too – apart   from the bursting joy of the birth of Christ, the melodious songs and beautiful decorations; there was more to the super hyper and lovey-dovey feeling I always have this season. So, I was scrolling through my phone gallery and saw the last photo I had with my G.Ma. Oh by the way, Christmas was her birth and death day. I’m writing this because of her. Just to share a bit of her awesomeness with you. That woman was a bad-ass! Reminiscing on my childhood memories with her, I realized she was the reason I love Christmas. I usually spent my Christmas and New-Year holidays with her as a child. She would take me to her church and ask the priest to allow me join other children in the Christmas carol rehearsals and performances. She would take me to the salon and have my hair done and accessorized. I hated making my hair, it was just too stressful.

Father Of My Child(ren)

You are their hero. You are their light. I know you have been raised to teach them right. To raise boys who would be responsible, bold and kind. To raise girls who would be strong, bold and compassionate. To raise leaders who will impact their world, humans who will be afraid of nothing. You will pray with and for them. You will be the example they need. You will be the voice inside their hearts. You will teach them the ways of God and to love and trust him always. You will show them how to be human and good citizens. You will teach them the importance of hard work and diligence; the dignity in labour. They will make mistakes but you will teach them to be responsible enough to own up and move on. You may not be perfect; you are only human and will have your flaws. But they will love you in all your imperfections, in your flawed beauty. You will be so worthy of emulation that strangers would learn from you. Men would understand their vital roles as fathers to their chi

My covid-19 vaccination experience

Image Source: Google  So, I know the first question on your mind if you are a Nigerian is, how seamless was the process? This question is mainly because of the engraved suffering – ‘hard work’ mode in our institutions’ processes DNA!  Trust me, I get it. And that was why my friends and I got to the centre at 4:30am. Oh, let me rephrase that, one of my friends, Debo, whose house was closer to the centre got there at 4.30am.   Of course, he wasn’t attended to – they told him, no one would be attended to until 8am.  Then, I got there some minutes before 5am. I thought I could use my smile and charm to soften the heart of the man my friend had met, to at least give us tally numbers. We were the first people at the centre and had wanted to just get the tally numbers, go for our jog and come back.     Anyways, my charm did not work. We were asked to stand outside the primary health centre’s gate until 8am. Then, we thought to ourselves, we can’t leave this place without a number. Luckily my